The last few weeks have been a blur as a crazy time as definitely set it in our lives. A hero of mine has told me to "surf the chaos" of mothering young children and in our kind of work, instead of trying to manage the chaos. I'm still trying to figure what that looks like practically!
Anyway, there is a small English school here that is for kids of families just like us, if you know what I mean. (It's hard to write openly on here about our line of work). We decided that if there was a preschool then we would be interested in sending Luke for a few days a week. Probably if we were in the US we wouldn't think about it, but here he doesn't get as much interaction in English and also he can get kind of bored at home! I ended up becoming the coordinator for preschool and I am teaching his class each Monday. All the parents have to put in hours at this school to keep it running. So although it was his first day, I was his teacher and with him the whole time ! I have had fun planning for preschool but it was way harder than I thought it would be . Today we had 7 kids and there are 9 total kids enrolled. It's only 3 days a week and he seemed to have a blast today. He was just like he is at home, constantly talking. Basically like having a commentator with you at all times.
In the midst of planning and preparing for preschool, Luke's big 3rd Birthday Party is on Saturday (CARS) and also we just welcomed a new family on our team. Life is crazy now!
I remember my mom always took my picture on the first day of school each year. He was soooooo excited. Said over and over, " I no can wait to go to preschool. I want to do my ABCD's."
Here is one of my Picture of the Day a few weeks ago. We are starting to buy things like locals now. Forrest bought me 30 kg of onions one day . We learned from the neighbors to lay them out in the sun to dry out before storing them. I also buy flour by the 50 kg bag too. Probably sounds ridiculous to all of you.
Right before this picture Luke said, "This is my best friend." Also one day he told Forrest, " Daddy, I no can wait to grow up." When Forrest asked him why he said "So I can marry Madi and drive a fire truck." He sure does love his girl Madi. Too bad her family is going on furlough for the the next few months. Hope some other little guy doesn't steal her heart in the US. :)
4 comments:
Wow!!! Look at all those onions! And what a cutie Luka is... but let's try to keep the marriage talk to a minimum, until he's at least 22. :) His job is to protect Livi's heart until then too. :) Love you guys!
oh my goodness... so i'm totally tearing up right now reading your post! Luke is soo grown up and such a sweetie! I wish so badly that I could come and spend time with you guys. I'm excited to hear more about the preschool! Love the idea of 'surfing the chaos'...I should send you a surf board so you have something to hold on to =)
I love your updated Emily!!!
Completely random. They completely discontinued our fave formula of lipstick at Origins. GONE. POOF! I hate what they have now. Bummer for them but good for my wallet.
So great to see this update! Love and miss you! Happy, happy bday ,Luke! I can't believe he is 3! I remember when you were pregnant with him!
Post a Comment