Grief has also been a strange experience. I'm someone who likes to talk about matters of the heart, not just hide them. I've learned that grief makes other people feel strange and they don't know how to respond to the one grieving, so they often chose to not say anything. At first, this was really hurtful to me. But I've learned to give grace and understand that it's often those who have lost someone who can really understand. I remember when I was going through the miscarriage my sister asked other friends of hers to pray for me ( as I was stuck in our capital alone). She was surprised to find out all the women that had had a miscarriage. She said it's like a secret club for those women . She didn't mean that in a disrespectful way, but to say that those who have lost a baby in the womb, or a child in their arms, can fully understand and grief with others. August 14th was a day that I had in a way dreaded this summer, and I was thankful to have a few friends remember that day and message me. Those women have also lost a baby, and have faithfully walked through this with me.
I have realized this summer that we are going through a season of loss - loss of several teammates over the last year, loss of our baby, loss of the life we once knew in our city in Central Asia (serious situation going on there right now). But that's where we are at and I want to fully embrace it . I want to walk through it and be present and available, not just sleepwalk through the hard so I can get to the other side. Who knows what the next season will be like, but I'm going to walk through it trusting in who He is and believing His promises to be real. What else is there?
Thanks so many of you who have prayed for us and our family during this difficult time. We are so grateful to have such faithful friends.
4 comments:
your heart is beautiful
I wish I had read this before we hung out tonight. I didn't realize your due date had just passed. Thank you for sharing about it, and I think your openness to this journey is so healthy and huge to the healing process.
Thank you for jumping right in and loving on our sweet Vismay tonight. He has a keen sense of whom he can trust, and clearly you guys made his list.
I'm pretty sure I'm a better person for knowing you. Who knew a conversation about Edita and chacos would make me love and admire you so much??!! :)
Oh, Em, thank you for your honesty and vulnerability. You give voice to so many who can't speak.
absolutely beautiful. i am praying for you friend and so admire your courage to walk through this time eyes and heart open to whatever God has in store for you and your family. love you dearly.
Post a Comment