Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Our Thanksgiving and update from us (lots of pictures!)

Where did November go? Or 2009? The fact that I hardly posted anything in November shows how incredibly busy we have been. OR, that I have been so tired at the end of the day to sit on the internet and try to post pictures. Thanks to a friend I realized it had been a long time with no posts . So, not to make the grandma's mad, here you go!

This is Olivia and our Korean teammates' son Donyor. They have suddenly become best buds. They are a year apart but since he is so small, they are about the same size! He seems to look out for her and give her the beloved giraffe all the time. They hug when he comes over. So cute!
Miss Hollywood, ready for a picnic in the mountains!

Our team took a picnic in the mountains at the beginning of November. We got lucky and had incredible weather. It was great to get out of the city and enjoy the scenery one more time before the cold weather hits.




Luke's preschool class studied the Thanksgiving story and had a special Thanksgiving lunch. Each child was asked to bring his favorite food. His little buddy Alia wanted to bring dough (her mom is an amazing bread maker). She she brough doughnuts. :) Luke requested the meat from the Chinese restaruant in town. High roller! Instead he took kolbasa and cheese . :) This happened to fall on a day when I had to go to the capital city to pick up my new passport. So Forrest was playing both Mom and Dad and I told him to go the easy way out on the lunch.


Alia and Luke enjoying their yummy lunch.

Thanksgiving morning ( I had a 101 fever by the way - so that's why I look half asleep.) I was pretty sick the day and night before Thanksgiving and the days after. This year the flu has been SO bad around here. Seems like it's touching everyone 's household. We hosted about 20 people for lunch and luckily Forrest did a lot of cooking. I couldn't have survived otherwise. It's a week later an I'm still pretty tired from the flu. Unfortunately Forrest is feeling really crummy now.
Despite the illnesses , we had a nice Thanksgiving with some friends here. We have so much to be thankful for. Forrest and I both are so thankful for our little family. God has taught us so much through our kids this year and through this journey of parenthood and marriage.
The kids ready for turkey!

Olivia's new smile for all pictures. She was very happy about all the yummy Thanksgiving food.

Not the greatest picture, but check out the bottom right of our little Charlie Brown tree. Luke very carefully placed all the ornaments in the same place. Yes, as soon as he took a nap I fixed it.









1 comment:

franwood said...

We just love keeping up with you through your blog. What a great family! Hope all are well now.
Sherry and Jim Hogue