Sunday, October 04, 2009

Olivia at 15 months


Isn't she a cutie? Please don't notice the dinner on her shirt collar. Thanks to Felsnaptha, I can get that out for sure.
When I wrote down the date on October 2, I was shocked to think that Olivia is already 15 months old. She is a MESS! She continues to amaze us each day with how much she is learning, trying to say, copying Luke , and becoming a bit wild. Says lots of words and here are a few: apple (for apples, potatoes, carrots , tomatoes), Ba Ba for Blackie (our dog), Mama, Dada, outside, Opa (her babysitter), Aka (our taxi driver friend), Eja (another local language version of Opa), Ma Ma (for Madi our friend), rice (yes she is Central Asian!), hello, phone, eat, milk, water, and the list goes on and on. She and Luke are great buds already (just hope it stays that way!). Today I was reading her a book and the word "nothing" was in it. She immediately started shaking her finger saying "nothing" , which in one of Luke's favorite Sunday School songs he says "absolutely nothing" and shakes his finger. Smart little cookie ! When I put on new clothes or a dress on her , Luke usually says " O -ivia , you are so pretty! " and she smiles and rubs her hands on the clothes. :)

2 comments:

Karen said...

Can't believe how big they are getting!!! Precious!

Tricia F said...

Oh... that's so sweet about what Luka says to her when she is getting dressed up. And I didn't realize y'all had another dog named Blackie. Can we see a pic of him/her? :)