Thursday, October 08, 2009

A few more about Olivia

Olivia has the sudden obsession with carrying around everything with her. I had just woken her up from a nap to go pick Luke up from preschool. She insisted on holding her milk cup, giraffe blanket, and horse. The horse is actually Luke's but she discovered it and decided it was hers. She also calls it "baby."


Usually I just write posts so quickly that I forget to add a bunch of stuff. After that last post about Olivia I thought of so many more things about her at this age. Here's a few :


*Loves to pray - or at least the 2 second act of it - she says something like "pa" at at the table or before bedtime and holds her hands together and very quickly and excitedly yells Amen.


*Is pretty obsessed with babies right now. Sees babies everywhere. Just this week began to say "baby" instead of "baba". Holds her babies and kisses them. Especially loves the babies in the parenting magazines I have. Carries her baby around with her a lot and today started calling all stuffed animals babies. Loves to look at the picture of her cousin Sarah Katherine and say "baby". She has no idea they are the same age!


*Also LOVES Elmo. And correctly says his name. Luke for the longest time called him Mo Mo. Gets really excited to see Elmo come on but has about a 10 second attention span so she doesn't last long on an Elmo dvd.


*Likes to color and pretend to play with playdough. This is all to do keep with Luke I'm sure.


*LOVES to dance. When we clean up after dinner, she and Luke love to dance to "Life is a Highway" by Rascall Flatts from the Cars Soundtrack.


*Tries to take off her shirt as soon as she hears the word "bath".


*Can say "rahmat" which is "thank you" in the local language here. As soon as she hears us say it, she is putting her hand on her chest and saying "rahmat " too.




As you can see, we have quite the little character on our hands.

2 comments:

Tricia F said...

Precious Livi,
You sound like such a fun little girl, and I know your Mommy and Daddy and brother Luke love you SOOO much. :)
Love you, Tricia Hola

Holly said...

SO CUTE! Thanks for all of these. She sounds adorable in personality as well as in looks! (My Kate also tries to start stripping as soon as we say bath, and won't hesitate to get in my bathtub and turn the water on whether she's dressed or not!!!)