Thursday, July 09, 2009

Last week was a rough week

Here is my poor baby last Friday. We had a rough week (including both Olivia and I being sick on her birthday) which ended in a scary Friday morning. We woke up to Olivia crying and her eye was huge and swollen shut. She had had pink eye and also flu-like symptoms but this was really scary. So that morning Olivia and I got on a plane and headed to the capital city to see an American doctor. Luckily we actually got to meet with an ophthalmologist , who was super kind to us and very helpful. And thankfully, as soon as she started the antibiotic , her eye started to look better. I'm so thankful for how God provided us a flight that morning, a place to stay, and 2 great doctors to look after her. But most of all, I'm so thankful that she is ALL better now !

3 comments:

Tricia F said...

Oh my goodness... I'm so sorry! I'm sure it was really scary, but I'm also really thankful she got good care and that i was pretty uneventful after that. I couldn't see anything funny in the birthday party pictures... was she all better by then?

Erin said...

This is so sad, Emily! I am glad that all is well now. How scary! I loved the bday post and the fun party! Happy Birthday, Olivia!!! And, Luke could not be more precious! So sweet!

Debbie said...

Poor little girl. I'm sure that was frightening! I can't imagine. I'm glad she's doing better now!