Sunday, February 08, 2009

Around our house...

I've been writing this post in my mind for days now , so here goes. Here's a random update on life with Luke and Olivia (never boring!):

  • Luke is suddenly obsessed with the movie Cars. He' s been eating out of a Cars themed bowl and plate for about a year now and he just noticed the cars the other day. Now everything is about Cars. Or Elmo. Wants to watch "Elmo Potty Time" all the time but isn't making much progess in that area. Mostly interested in how Elmo gets to wash his hands afterwards.
  • Olivia has a huge appetite now and spits out her pacifier as soon as she sees food. She quickly learned the pincer grasp and can down some Cheerios fast. (hint hint for care packages!) She whined in between bites of her first taste of bananas. Truly heaven for her.
  • Luke recently learned that our names are Forrest and Emily and thinks it's pretty funny to pull that out sometimes instead of Mommy and Daddy.
  • After 7 months of being in our family, Luke finally learned that Olivia's name is Olivia and not Baby. He finally said "O bi A". I often call her Olivia Ruth, so he was calling her "Baby Ruth " too.
  • I drove to a bazaar 45 min away to find broccoli, sweet potatoes, and zucchini for Olivia. She LOVES broccoli.
  • Olivia loves to be held and lunges forward towards me almost every time she sees me.
  • For about a week, Luke started freaking out at bedtime and refused to sleep in his bed. He chose to sleep in the office on the floor. Then one day just decided he was ready to go back to his bed.
  • I'm doing Project 365 which is basically a scrapbooking project where you take a picture a day . There were some pretty cool kits that were sold out in hours, so of course I didn't get one. I'm trying to make one up for myself on what I've got here . I've already missed some days but I'll just cheat a bit. Doesn't matter, since I'm only cheating myself.
  • Forrest is in Turkey at a conference until Friday. Just hope we make it till then. I have no idea how single mothers do it!
  • Luke has learned the words "I need" or as he says "my need". He seems to need a lot these days.


Olivia showing off her 2 teeth. We ALL worked hard cutting those. Don't want to relive those days at all! I asked Luke to take my purse and put in our room. Instead he put it on and got on his car and said "Bye bye, my go yo-yo" , translated from Luke's language means, "Bye bye, I'm going to work!"

We thought the snow was gone but it decided to come back again. Thankfully this winter has been SO much easier and warmer than last year. We are anxiously awaiting spring for pretty flowers, yummy fresh fruits, and lots of chances to play outside.


Olivia LOVES Cheerios and is really good at getting them in her mouth.



7 comments:

Tricia F said...

So precious, Em! I love this update. It's great to get more of a picture of what your life is like there with two little ones. Oh, and I did send a package last week, but we don't have Cheerios here either... sad. Let me know when you get it though! :)

Shannon said...

What a FUN update! I love the idea of the project 365...can't wait to see it some day. It's so adorable that Luke is calling Livi "Baby Ruth" haaa...and mommy & daddy "Forrest & Emily" (I'm hearing him say that in my head & I'm busting up!) Haa!

Holly said...

I loved reading this! Thanks for the little glimpse into what life is like for you on the other side of the world (hmm...sounds not so different from life here). :)

The Stums said...

I loved reading your list, Emily, and I agree, how on earth do single mothers do it??? However, I complain when Jake goes to um, Chattanooga. Turkey?! You totally win!

Debbie said...

That was so fun to read, I love seeing how much the kiddos are growing up and learning new things. They crack me up, esp Luke! Thanks for sharing and it would be fun to see your 365 day project finished one day, what a neat idea...i'm not one for scrapbooking (as you know) but I might almost want to try that challenge, just to see what the end product would look like! very neat :) Love you Emily!

Zack said...

Awesome!

Thanks for the update!

Steph is really getting into scrapbooking these days.

She keeps talking about the 365 days idea... maybe this will be some inspiration for her!

Michelle said...

Great update! I am just loving Luke's fun personality and Olivia's beautiful smile!