Monday, December 15, 2008

First taste of solids, not so much of a hit



Today Olivia had her first taste of rice cereal, and as you can see she wasn't a big fan. At first she opened her mouth and was eager (probably because she wants to suck on something all the time) but then she wasn't too happy about the taste. We used Luke's carseat as a seat (until she's sitting up better to use the booster seat). Luke was very upset that she used his seat. And he was so confused that she was getting food, since I drilled into his head already that Olivia only drinks mommy's milk. That's because multiple times he tried to share his snack or milk cup with her! Anyway , we'll see how tomorrow goes with the cereal. She's 5 1/2 months and I was waiting as long as I could. She just seemed so interested in our food. Just wait til' bananas Livi - you'll love them!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Holly said...

Adorable!! Love the pics! I started Kate a little before 6 months, too, because she was so interested, but instead of being grossed out, she has since gobbled up everything I've put in her mouth. Dan was more like Olivia, though--blecch! :) Good luck tomorrow. Hope to see more pictures of this cute one!

newmanfamily said...

Clara wasn't into the rice cereal or oatmeal either. She finally likes some squash, sweet potatoes, and carrots though. John ate everything I tried with him except he was a pea snob, he only liked the organic ones.
Lori